This Privacy Notice describes how HeGetsUs, LLC (“HetGetsUs,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information collected from the hegetsus.com website. HeGetsUs, LLC is a subsidiary of Servant Foundation, a Missouri nonprofit organization. There is no cross platform sharing of personal information between HeGetsUs, LLC and Servant Foundation.
Type Of Information We Collect, Use, and Disclose.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from hegetsus.com and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Contact Information for Chatting or Connecting||We may ask for your name, email address, phone number and/or any additional information that you provide when you click on the option to live chat or connect with someone local.||We provide your contact information, along with your request to chat, connect, or communicate, to Gloo to respond to you. See the Gloo Privacy Statement for a description of Gloo’s privacy practices.|
|Contact Information for Engaging with Others Near You||We may ask for your name, email address, zip code, and/or any additional information that you choose to provide when you click on the option to engage with other people in your area that have thoughts and questions similar to yours.||We provide your contact information, along with your request to Alpha to facilitate community engagement.|
|Feedback||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Health and Safety||We do not intentionally collect or solicit this information, but if you disclose information that we identify as a serious safety or public health threat, we may collect medical and health information.||We have a legitimate interest in protecting your, and other peoples, health and safety.|
|Tracking Technology – First Party||We may use tracking technology, such as cookies and clear GIFs. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that our website sends to your computer’s hard drive when our website is viewed.||We use tracking technologies to make our website operate efficiently and to understand who is visiting our website.|
|Tracking Technology – Third Party||We may participate in behavior-based advertising, or allow third party behavioral advertising companies, to place tracking technology on our website. For example, a third party might use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertisements to you, or to others like you.||In jurisdictions that regulate the use of advertising tracking technologies, we seek your consent before placing advertising-related cookies. You can opt-out from the use of certain third party tracking technologies by clicking cookie settings.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand how people are using hegetsus.com.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests.|
Sharing Of Information
- Affiliated Organizations. We may share information with our affiliated organizations (e.g., parent organization). If another organization acquires, or plans to acquire, us, or our assets, we will share information with that organization.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information for money. We do share your personal information with your consent. Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information are identified by name in the previous section. If we would like to share your personal information with a different third party that is not described elsewhere in this notice we will ask your permission to do so.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website and provide technical support.
You can make the following requests regarding your personal information:
- Access. You may request access to your personal information in a portable format, a description of the categories of personal information that we share with third parties, or confirmation whether we process your personal information by contacting us at the address below.
- Changes. You may request that we correct any personal information that we have about you by contacting us at the address below.
- Deletion. You may request information about how long we keep your personal information, or request that we delete your personal information, by contacting us at the address below.
- Tracking Technologies. You can turn off the use of targeted advertising related tracking technologies from third parties by clicking cookie settings.
If required by law we will grant your request. Note, however, that in many cases we delete, deidentify, anonymize, or aggregate the personal information that is submitted on our website. As a result, we may not have any personal information that is linked to you. If we do have personal information about you, we will require you to prove your identity. For example, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, and/or telephone number, and we may require that you demonstrate to us that you control the email address and/or telephone number that we have associated with you.
In some circumstances, you may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We require that an authorized agent provide us with a copy of a signed authorized agent designation form and that we independently verify your identity directly with you. If you are an authorized agent you should contact us at the above address and request an authorized agent designation form.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
As described in this notice, in many cases we deidentify or aggregate personal information that is submitted on our website. When we deidentify personal information we commit to maintain and use the information in deidentified form and not to attempt to reidentify the information except to determine whether our deidentification process is functioning.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
Transmission Of Information To the United States. HeGetsUs, LLC is intended for United States visitors.If you are located in another country and choose to submit information on our website, note that it will be transmitted to the United States where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
Third Parties. If you choose to share your personal information with third parties through our website, note that we have no control over the privacy practices of those third parties. You should consult their privacy notices to understand how they use and share your personal information.
Changes To This Privacy Notice. We may change our privacy notice and practices over time. To the extent that our notice changes in a material way, the notice that was in place at the time that you submitted personal information to us will generally govern that information unless we receive your consent to the new privacy notice. Our privacy notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
Accessibility. If you are visually impaired, you may access this notice through your browser’s audio reader.
Children. We do not knowingly collect the personal information of minors under 13 years of age.
You can send questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices, or submit requests regarding your personal information, to the following:
He Gets Us, LLC
7171 W. 95th Street, Ste 501
Overland Park, KS 66212
If a request regarding your personal information is denied, you can submit an appeal by contacting us at the above address with the heading “APPEAL.”
Effective Date: March 3, 2022
Last Update: March 3, 2022